Julia Child’s Cherry Clafouti Recipe
This recipe was featured at our August tasting that celebrated Julia Child’s birthday.
It was paired with a Chateau Bastor Lamontagne Sauternes, Bordeaux, 2007.
1 1/4 cups milk
2/3 cup sugar, divided
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
3 cups cherries, pitted
powdered sugar, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a blender, combine the milk, 1/3 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and flour, and blend.
3. Lightly butter an 8-cup baking dish, and pour a 1/4-inch layer of the blended mixture over the bottom. Set remaining batter aside.
4. Place dish into the oven for about 7-10 minutes, until a film of batter sets in the pan but the mixture is not baked through. Remove from oven (but don’t turn the oven off, yet).
5. Distribute the pitted cherries over the set batter in the pan, then sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Pour the remaining batter over the cherries and sugar.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until the clafouti is puffed and brown and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.
Servings: 6-8 for dessert, 4 for breakfast.
Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/julia-childs-cherry-clafouti-239454?oc=linkback