Mothers Day Brunch – Join us on May 14th – 11 am – 3 pm
Do you have someone special you’d like to thank?
Join us for brunch!
French Toast Soufflé
Bacon and Sausage
Chef’s Breakfast Potatoes
Carved Leg of Lamb
Carved Roasted Turkey Breast
Pork Loin with Apple Brandy Jus
Chesapeake Bay Shrimp Salad
Garden Pasta Salad
Seasonal Vegetable Medley
Tossed Whispers Salad
Danish and Muffins
Assorted Petit Fours and Desserts
Fresh Seasonal Fruit and Berries
Adults – $27.95
Kids under 12 – $12.95
Seating is Very Limited. Reservations Required.
Call Today – 412-767-3500
Curried Carrot Ginger Soup – Enjoy some today!
8 Carrots, Peeled and Small Diced
2 Ribs of Celery, Small Diced
1 Small Onion, Small Diced
1 tablespoon Ginger, minced
Combine all in heavy bottom pot and sweat the vegetables without browning until soft. Then add the following spices. continue cooking the spices until aromatic.
1 small cinnamon stick
2 tablespoon Dry Curry
1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds
Continue cooking the spices until aromatic.
Cover with water (about a quart) and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Puree in a blender or food processor until smooth. Adjust seasoning with salt and additional curry powder if needed.
Salt to taste
Garnish-Fine shred 2 carrots and combine with a ¼ cup of shredded coconut. Toast in oven for 15-20 minutes on 325 F.
Hartwood Restaurant Soda Bread Recipe
This is the bread we feature in our restaurant each day. Come in soon to enjoy some!
Nonstick vegetable oil spray
2 cups all purpose flour
5 tbsp. sugar, divided
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3 tbsp. butter, chilled, cut into cubes
1 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray 8-inch diameter cake pan with nonstick spray. Whisk flour, 4 tbsp sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in large bowl to blend. Add butter. Using fingertips, rub in until coarse meal forms. Make well in center of flour mixture. Add buttermilk. Gradually stir dry ingredients into milk to blend. Mix in raisins.
Using floured hands, shape dough into ball. Transfer to prepared pan and flatten slightly (dough will not come to edges of pan). Sprinkle dough with remaining 1 tbsp sugar.
Bake bread until brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool bread in pan 10 minutes. Transfer to rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Julia Child’s Cherry Clafouti Recipe
This recipe was featured at our August tasting that celebrated Julia Child’s birthday.
It was paired with a Chateau Bastor Lamontagne Sauternes, Bordeaux, 2007.
1 1/4 cups milk
2/3 cup sugar, divided
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
3 cups cherries, pitted
powdered sugar, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a blender, combine the milk, 1/3 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and flour, and blend.
3. Lightly butter an 8-cup baking dish, and pour a 1/4-inch layer of the blended mixture over the bottom. Set remaining batter aside.
4. Place dish into the oven for about 7-10 minutes, until a film of batter sets in the pan but the mixture is not baked through. Remove from oven (but don’t turn the oven off, yet).
5. Distribute the pitted cherries over the set batter in the pan, then sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Pour the remaining batter over the cherries and sugar.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until the clafouti is puffed and brown and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.
Servings: 6-8 for dessert, 4 for breakfast.
Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/julia-childs-cherry-clafouti-239454?oc=linkback
Book Your Next Event With Us!
Reserve your next party with us. We have intimate settings for gatherings large and small. Baby showers, retirement dinners, any special occasion where you want the attention to detail that comes with throwing a successful event.